Thursday, February 9, 2012

Mini Update

You'll be so proud!  Aviana and I went to the farmer's market and purchased:
1) Corn (total GMO, but it's a veggie)
2) Broccoli (no clue)
3) Oranges (probably GMO too)
4) Yellow squash (no clue...)
5) Fuji apples (prob GMO)
6) Cauliflower (def. GMO)
7) Carrots (organic)
8) My personal favorite, hand squeezed apple cider, DELICIOUS!

I intend to make 3 things this evening
1) Cole slaw...I picked up some REAL apple cider vinegar, and figured I'd try it out on my cabbage and carrots, wish me luck
2) Lasagna. 
3) Veggie pizza

I'm thinking I may puree up some of the lasagna for Avi.  She liked me beef stew and LOVED the chicken/rice/cauliflower combo. 

*I need to find a good recipe for the rest of the cabbage....any suggestions?  Veggie soup?  

I also purchased a 7 layer salad at the farmer's market.  The sucker is HUGE and was only $3!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment