Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Fitness

I really went back and forth about joining the YMCA. I knew if I was going to do it, I had to do it by the end of January to get the 'no-joiner fee' discount, but I didn't know if I would be able to find the $50 bucks a months to cover the cost, as our budget is so tight right now!

In discussing it with John last night he mentioned that if I went 5 days a week, for 1 hour, that was 5 hours a week of 'free' babysitting, and breaking the YMCA cost down to a weekly cost, it is only around $13 so really, it is almost like 5 hours of babysitting for $13, and the access to the gym is an added bonus. THIS made sense to me! I love my kid, but oh to have an hour of me-time once a day, it sounds dreamy.

So at 9pm, on January 31st, I went to the YMCA on 202 and joined. Talk about waiting until the last minute! I figured I could squeeze it in-between her morning and afternoon nap, roughly from 11:30-12:30, and for today anyway, it worked like a charm. I tell you, dropping her off and walking down the hall to the wellness center (by myself) I almost ran and did a little heel kick in the air.

So far, it has been the best hour of my day! AND, to be honest with you, I don't think I would have joined if I hadn't read the Adult membership price on your blog, I didn't know I could qualify for an Adult membership and still enjoy the free babysitting. Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment